Monday, April 7, 2008

Bumper Art

So tonight at our Monday night New Light gathering at Alison & Oliver's house, we had a good time over dinner recalling some funny bumper stickers we've seen, with religious messages. Here are a few from our list, as well as some funny ones Sara and I found online tonight.

Please don't take these too seriously...

  • Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • What would Jesus do for a Klondike Bar?
  • Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're a jerk.
  • Jesus is coming. On three, everyone yell, "Surprise!"
  • In case of rapture, can I have your car?
  • Heck is where people go when they don't believe in Gosh.
  • God loves you, and I'm really trying.
  • Are you as close to Jesus as you are to my bumper?
  • Jesus saves. He uses double coupons. (Sara's personal favorite)

And a few with more serious messages...

  • Separate church and hate.
  • God is not a Republican... or a Democrat.
  • God bless the whole world. No exceptions.
  • When Jesus said, "Love your enemies," I'm pretty sure he meant don't kill them.
  • Poverty is not a family value.
  • Live simply that others may simply live.
  • I love my country... but I think we should start seeing other people.

Any favorites to add to the list?

No comments: