Monday, June 23, 2008

Charlie at Hannaford

Those of you who shop at Hannaford may remember the guy who sat on the bench in the front of the store. Whenever I saw him there, I thought how wonderful it was that the store management let him claim that space for his own. The people there were more wonderful than I ever imagined.

I was really thankful when Alison mentioned during our prayer time that Charlie had died. It is a sacred act to remember those who are no longer with us, particularly those who maybe don't have a family or a community to remember them.

Erica sent this wonderful article about Charlie that made me cry. People are truly beautiful.

It makes me think, who can I get to know as a friend. There are so many people I don't think I would have anything in common with. There are so many people that I can't imagine being friends with. Maybe these are the people who have the most to teach me if I would just open my life to them.

No comments: